View Single Post
Old 09.21.2010, 09:42 AM   #9
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
a Thousand leaves is definetely one of the greatest Sonic albums! Iīm not sure, but I think album came to Europe much more later than it was realised in Us. I remembered, that when it came, it was autumn in Finland. Maybe I remembered wrong. Somehow the album has always been connected in autumn in my mind (the name thousand leaves reminds me also autumn and the music is also to me kind of autumn music). I love autumn, so maybe thatīs the one reason why I love this album so much! I have waited every new Sonic Youth album impatiently since Experimental Jet set and only Experimental and NYC ghost have been little disappointment at first to me. So when I got ATL, I listened it many many times and enjoyed a lot!!!

One funny remembering came to my mind. When I bought ATL, my retailer at that time said, that Sonic Youth had started to make albums that are not good at all. He mentioned some Thurston solo album, where is only Visa-card using! (Does this album really exists?). He also mentioned SYR serie and said that it was all rubbish. And I believed him!!! Well, I was not a great fan of Master-dik that time so maybe SYRs could have been too "arty" that time. On the other hand ATL is also kind of arty album, so I think now I had liked at least SYR 1 and 2. And there isnīt such favourite songs in ATL, I love them all!!!
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|