View Single Post
Old 07.14.2023, 08:53 AM   #137
Screaming Skull
children of satan

Screaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
It's a shame how bad PJ's music has gotten since Uh Huh Her. After reading the above praise I'm skipping through this new un. As per, there's no bass guitar and minimal electric. Continuing with the folk music sounding like a boring auld fart. Since the aforementioned album she's like a completely different artist.

A shame shame shame indeed See what I did there?...I'll see myself out, out of the top fucking window of this high-rise after listening to that!

PJ Harvey is one of my all-time favorite artists, but I cannot agree more. When a new release is met with "I don't mind the new PJ Harvey" something's clearly wrong. Yeah, she's an artist and can take her art in any direction she chooses. But as a consumer, I find her post-'Uh Huh Her' work to be boring, monotonous, and tedious - with no entertainment value whatsoever. That includes the universally lauded 'Let England Shake'. When I reach for PJ Harvey, I reach for something released between 1992 and 2004 (although I do like 'A Woman A Man Walked By' [2009]. Sad, but true.
Screaming Skull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|