View Single Post
Old 06.15.2023, 06:22 PM   #3688
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Staying consistent with my Trek-phase, having advanced to Enterprise now. You know, as much as I complained about Voyager, and there sure is a LOT to complain about, it at least wasn't as dull and lifeless as Enterprise S1. The first few eps seemed like a few hicks talking back to Vulcans, set to dull grey backgrounds and badly dated early 2000s writing. Riveting.

It's slowly starting to get somewhat better with the beginning of S2 now, but oof. It sure took a long time until there was even a hint of some distinguishable characterization in the series' protagonists. And a lot has been said about the opening theme. I'd say it sounds like a blend between a song written for a religious cult and a 90s beer commercial. A few friends sitting on a boat somewhere at a lake, a few shots of exaggerated companionship and cooperation color-corrected to hint at the scorching heat. Then, someone opens the cooler and withdraws a few mass-produced, watered-down bottles of -insert product name here- and there we go: "Cause I got FAITH of the HEAAAA-AAAAART..."

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|