Thread: astonic
View Single Post
Old 11.24.2010, 02:01 PM   #5
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks for asking! My health isn't too great, I have insurnace now, and am on 3 different medications for my stomach. I don't have much energy, and this has kind of effected my filmmaking at the moment (I have 2 movies and an aniamted series started, with videos/animations/music finished but haven't had the energy to finish 'em.. yet). So, that sucks.

"Artistically", it seems like scissor shock's psychic existentialism did really well (3 people have said it's their favorite album of the year; it sold out EXTREMELY quickly at the label; most importantly, I am really happy with it)... the songs I'm writing for my next album are a thousand times better than this stuff though. Sicne every album I do is completely different than the one before it, expect to be driven insane by GHOSTLOP (tentative title).. junk percussion fills the detuned bass-driven highly atmospheric songs.. homemade instruments, acoustic guitars, finger tapped electric guitars delayed to hel and back.. trombones and trumpets in a mostly instrumental album that can best be described as "broken detuned free junk-jazz", though there'll be female vocals, chanting, and i'll multi track my vocals to sound like a choir from hell. expect that whenever it's done. But yeah, psychic existentialism was a big album, I'm really happy blastitude liked it (since has EXCELLENT tastes), climax golden twin liked it, and even people who didn't like previosu efforts enjoyed it. Here's a .zippo of that puppy: http://www.archive.org/download/Scis...tentialism.zip

robe. is finsihed for now. we did 55 albums, and we climaxed with an appearance in RUE MORGUE MAGAZINE, as well as our double tape set NIGHT TEROR, which is BY FAR our best album (if you want it digitally, here ya go: megaupload.com/?d=SQT58RDU ... it is mostly comprised of long horn solos, but there are some excursions into detuned bass, doom guitars, and tribal drumming. I play most of the horns on this one... and they sound excellent imo). we are on hiatus for who knows how long.. but when we return, we're going t osound completely different. if you'd like everything we've ever done... http://www.archive.org/details/Robe....06To10-10-2010 .. 6gb and, who knows, 50 hours or so?! Maybe more?! (probably more) To buy all that stuff would cost you.. well.. a decent amount! Haha. So, yeah. There ya go! I can't believe it has 102 downloads, to be honest. 6gb!

As far as my movies... they're showing blaze the pot smoknig deer season 1 on a public access show in oregon, and I have worked on part of season 2.. as soon as it's done, I'm going to send tot adult swim. Whee.

Also, my movie CURRENTLY UNTITLED has been EXTREMELY well-received, palying at festivals, wininng awards, and called film of the year on some blogs and "the best experimental film of all time" by a guy on cinemageddon. I'm very flattered! This baby is ALSO on archive.org... http://www.archive.org/search.php?qu...27s%20films%22 ... all 8 of my movies. But CURRENTLY UNTITLED is the one you want. Great review of it:

"The work of zero-budget auteur Adam Cooley is a provocative reminder that the career trajectory of a filmmaker should not necessarily conform to that envisaged by the majority of aspiring media professionals – and, likewise, the psychedelic potpourri of actor-director-editor Cooley’s lo-fi visions, rendered with primitive software and poor equipment, are a rejoinder to the overproduced gloss many seek to emulate. But his work (of which this is perhaps his finest achievement yet) is at once an entirely honest and personal experience, as well as a totally unprepossessing odyssey of unrivaled cinematic genius."

Wow!So, artistically, things are great, and going to get better once I move. I have saved up enough money to take a year or two off of work and focus exclusively on my work.. I'm going to start a record label called NOT MUSIC.

NOT MUSIC will release:

- my albums
- my movies (though I will continue to release stuff through other labels)
- my comic books
- my paintings
- my novels
- my friend's stuff

I will package everything I do really cheaply and sell it cheaply, though I will make everything I do highly personal.. like I won't just sell you a $5 cd-r, I'll sell you a $5 cd-r, with an exclusive painting... I won't just sell you an $8 movie, I'll sell you that movie, plus a never-before-seen short film that will never be released and will be deleted from my hard drive as soon as I burn it and send it your way.

Basically, if I quit my job but spend a year doing the record label thing, y'know.. REALLY doing it... and also working on movies and music and stuff.. I think it'll be great... I also think I will be happy, since is the most important thing...

I will be moving out very soon. Blaze season 1 is currenly airing iun oregon as part of a public access show... blaze season 2, when it's finished, will be submitted to adult siwm when it's finished, as a pilot...

Me and my girlfriend just celebrated our one year anniversary. I love her. After being cheated on by my ex-old-lady (who still owes me $200), I thought I was done with women. but my ew one has completely reconfigured my views of the world. She likes watching Giuseppe Andrews and Takeshi Kitano movies with me, so I love her. She's also the most artistic girl I've ever met, and she is a BRILLIANT piano and cello player, also possessing a beautiful singing voice. She recognized the brilliance of Beefheart right away -- my last girlfriend had dismissed him as "too abrasive" right away.

So, all in all, things are going pretty good. I like my shitty job. I've been able to cope with my health.. I just don't eat very much, though I do drink a lot. I kicked my pill habbit for the most part, though I got some other, eh, bad habits that I'm working on.

Probably the best thing I did in this past year was get a Dreamcast!

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|