View Single Post
Old 08.03.2023, 01:10 PM   #1
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
Hi everybody! There's two long, overdue things @ the Concert Chronology...

One is a TIMELINE intended particularly for mobile devices but works just fine on a desktop (hopefully) - it's a single-page endless scrolling list of every concert in order with set list, venue, and notes where applicable (including guest performers, first/last/only performances, released material, etc) all hideously colour coded for ease of use(?). I've also added studio sessions into the chronology, with notes on where the songs were released. It's not perfect but I got a spark and ran with it - I know how shitty the original Concert Chronology is (and it's not going anywhere!), but hopefully this is a useful resource...unless you're curious about 1997 and onwards, because I only did the first half of their career - the rest is coming!

The other feature is a compromise of sorts - it's the end result of a project I started back in 2012 and had genuinely hoped I could still finish to my satisfaction one day. You can read more about shit that didn't happen in my trademark pre-ramble to the feature, which is an in-depth review of the first 3 years of the band, driven somewhat by the content of the SONIC DEATH album. I'm pretty happy with it - but most of this "new info" is 10 years old now so possibly not as cool as I think...

I'd be thrilled to hear any feedback on the content or design...I tested it on a few devices, it seems to do what I want it to do but you never know. Thanks folks!
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|