View Single Post
Old 10.19.2010, 06:10 PM   #10
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
OMG Earl (of Slander)... this Earl album is un-fucking-real. Wow. I'm gonna d/l all their shit now. Was it ALL released this year alone???

I've been trying to tell you this There's not much release info on the various stuff, but as far as I can work out the first thing to drop was the 'Odd Future Tape', which is a pretty messy mix tape from mid 2008 (I think?) when Tyler was like 16 or something stupid. It's the weakest release, but still pretty damn amazing. There's a great track on there that is made from 2 beats using samples originally used on Doom songs, who Tyler name checks as an influence a fair bit. Then there's the Hodgy Beats 'Dena Tape', which I have no idea about, and haven't got around to spending that much time with yet (what I've heard still KILLED though).

Generally, finding information about these guys is deliberately hard. They've successfully maintained a pretty good media cloak. Like the whole 'Free Earl' thing, where all we really know is that he's gone for now, and that apparently it's something to do with his and Tyler's mother having heard all the rape lyrics and kind of wigged. I've been following them pretty closely on Twitter and shit, and it's entertaining as hell, but the closest you ever really get to definite is a new release dropping or something like this, which is hilarious, but hardly informative.

I'm fairly certain that the whole new 'wave' of stuff though, everything that's been on the tumbler site, 'Bastard' and all the releases to the right of it up top on the page (as far as I'm aware they're in chronological order), has come out since this February yeah. Shit is unreal.

EDIT: Oh, and this interview is bad ass.
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|