View Single Post
Old 10.20.2010, 06:15 AM   #12
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Well I'm really glad you finally clicked with it. My favourite hip-hop stuff to break this year, no doubt.

Radical is probably one of my least favourite ones. Well actually, that's not really fair, because I haven't listened to it enough to really judge it properly. But when I've listened to bits of it before, it hasn't grabbed me instantly like some of their stuff has. It still has some gold on it though. 'Drop' especially. It's a mix tape of them rapping over other peoples beats though, which is why it's a little less musically interesting to me. The flows are still killing however.

As far as the others go, find some way of getting 'Bastard' as soon as possible. It's less focused than the Earl, but the heights are just as flooring. If you can't find it anywhere, PM me, and I'll upload it somewhere for you. As I said, I'd also really recommend 'Rolling Papers', from a production standpoint as much as anything else. It's mostly Tyler beats, and feels like the kind of stoner cousin to the 'Earl' album.

Outside of those, everything has at least some killer tracks on, but I haven't really put the time into absorbing them properly yet. 'Voyager' is a pretty cool instrumental album, done by some guy from outside the 'core' Odd Future crew. 'Yellow/White' and 'Ali' are the 'proper' albums for MellowHype (Hodgy Beats rapping and Left Brain on beats) and Mike G respectively. Check them out if you like their verses on the other releases I guess.

But yeah, what is really astounding is just getting your head around the fact that almost all of this shit has been released since February. It kind of messed with my whole conception of the 2010 hip-hop scene when I discovered it. And everything they drop seems to be keeping up the standard so far too. I mean supposedly this year will still be getting a new MellowHype album, which they've leaked one fucking killer single from, and potentially a new Tyler solo, which he's apparently been working on as like his 'main' project since before he even started work on 'Bastard', so god knows how good that could potentially be. Then in that interview he also says that him and Earl were working on a kind of Madvillain thing with them co-headlining, before Earl got sent away, and that they hope to finish that up as soon as possible, so right now it just looks like they're going to keep this up, which is INSANE!
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|