View Single Post
Old 10.20.2010, 08:57 AM   #14
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, I mean quite apart from the music, the fact that they're this group of 16-19 year old dudes and they've managed to craft this whole unique aesthetic and internet presence pretty much entirely on their own just blows my mind. You're right about Earl's rapping as well. Not only is it just plain dope flow, but what's probably the most staggering part is how tight, how perfect it is, even when it's sloppy. Like that the way he briefly drops the flow and just starts talking in 'Luper' after the 'fam of four' line, then pauses and brings the beat back with that perfectly placed 'bitch'. This kid is like 17 and he's exploiting every facet of some weird ass beats that even most 'great' rappers would be at least a bit thrown by. I really don't know many rappers that could sound as good as he does on a beat like 'Stapleton'. Stunning.

As to the subject matter, I totally agree about the fantasy element. Somehow they manage to pull off all the rape and ultra violence in a way that's more charmingly teenage than menacing, and are all the stronger for it. It reminds me of nothing so much as a bunch of kids sitting around trying to out shock each other for kicks, which I guess is essentially what it is haha
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|