View Single Post
Old 05.27.2010, 08:29 PM   #28
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlemeat

C. Read the bill! There are too many ways that Law Enforcement can come under fire with law-suits under SB-17 for blatant and obvious profiling. It's been made very clear that any and everybody has to be asked, everybody has to be profiled, and if you have a witness and not everybody in a stopped vehicle is asked about their status you have grounds for a lawsuit saying the police didn't profile you basically and a number of enforcement agencies are paranoid of the chances of being sued. And at this point AZ knows the government is keeping a close watchful eye on what's going on here, and I highly doubt anything will get out of hand. That's even suggesting that anything happens because LUCKILY nobody with pushing power supports the bill.

D. Hello! I'm freaking MEXICAN! It doesn't threaten me, I think it's fine I was simply stating a FACT and not even in a negative light. Jesus Christ dude. The fact that you read what I wrote and automatically flip it around to somehow be racist totally kills your credibility to me because it just makes you look paranoid and ready to pounce on anything you can take out of context and turn in your favor.

I'm sorry if I came off strong here, but it seems clear you still don't see it, and its a shame really, because as you said, your a mexican, and this will most definitely affect you in a negative way. We in Rastafari are radically involved in liberation and social justice, and sometimes folks need to be shaken up, just as Marcus Garvey shook up the complacency and division of 'Negros' to empower and enlighten them under the banner of unity is strength. Its very simple, if your not against this bill, you are for it, even if only inadvertently. I am being rather forward on this thread to try to bully you into a corner to have to really reflect and react to the bill, really challenge you to take it to heart, and hopefully see the light, but hey life is life, see what you see, sorry if your offended, but truly some of your posts offended me and so I reacted accordingly.

Your posts about law enforcement have been hopelessly naive, perhaps I am rather jaded by my extremely negative experiences with law enforcement, that is my bias, but bias does not necessarily exonerate the bullshit of crooked cops. Seriously, the cops are not going to universally enforce this law, they are not going to ask white kids if they are citizens. Its very simple, cops are above the law, who is going to sue who? Poor people can't sue shit, we just get treated like shit. I can only speak the real on this, and nothing but. Cops are crooked and if you give them crooked ass racist laws like this one, you can only expect crooked ass racist behavior. As a mexican you should move not just to see sonic youth, but to save your ass from the kind of harrassment that others get all the time, welcome to the world of the low life my friend. The difference is fuck ups like me almost deserve to get harassed, but when they start doing the same thing not because of how you dress or what you smoke, but simply because of the color of your skin, then that shit is fucked up beyond explanation, and honestly if you can't see it, then I HOPE these bitch ass cops start fucking with so you can

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|