View Single Post
Old 12.09.2010, 08:49 AM   #3470
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses

this game is so f'ing hard, but I'm so glad I finally own it. Japanese packaging was always amazing for GBA games. For instance the Famicom Mini collection came in little plastic see-through cases that then had little tiny cartridge-sized boxes that were modeled after Famicom game boxes. So sick. Or the Bit Generation series came in even smaller boxes. I think they were like 3"x3" boxes. So cute. Anyway, a lot of them came in these shaped boxes, which sort of resembled Fami boxes. This just looks so sick. Look at that cover!

The Darius games are great. I probably prefer them over R-Type, Gradius, Parodius, etc horizontal shmup games from the same era. There's something so perfect about them. Maybe it's the robotic sea creatures? I don't know. Just seems so ... as it should be. Most people don't realize that there even were Darius releases on GB systems, and for good reason as both (that I can think of) were Japan-only. Darius R for GBA is pretty much a port of the original arcade game. It's really really hard (at least to me -- though I'm a lot better at vertical shmups that horizontals) and it's a great R(evision) looking and sounding amazing on the GBA.

the other Darius release on a GB system was Sagaia if yr wondering which was surprisingly released on the original GB. I'm still looking for a copy of this one.