View Single Post
Old 05.06.2020, 10:07 PM   #8080
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuj
I love Obama, but I can never forgive him for caving to McConnell, when the latter had absolutely no legal, historical or constitutional right to block a SCOTUS hearing. And we are all paying for that massive mistake today.

Was there anything Obama could do about it? "Sue him"? Or was it up to Congress to impeach its most powerful member (fuck Paul Ryan), something completely unthinkable with both houses controlled by the GOP then?

I know McConnell failed to comply with his oath, but still, the Senate majority leader holds an incredible amount of power. I assume that's in the Constitution (correct me if I'm wrong), in which case that alone makes the revered document a joke - and I didn't even have to bring up the Second Amendment.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|