View Single Post
Old 09.30.2020, 01:18 PM   #8745
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon
Man, this is not looking good. It was Biden versus a belligerent buffoon who didn't even care to hide his buffoonery anymore, safe for unconvincingly stating his disinfectant injection comment earlier this year had been "sarcastic". Trump didn't do himself any favors with this lack of a performance. But that's actually what worries me. In line with what Soup Nazi stated above: The dotard has hinted time and time again at the possibility, that he may not accept the results of the election if they are not in his favor. There's this sinking feeling that what the world witnessed yesterday was a man who doesn't care anymore. Why would he have no reason to care? Possibly because he seems to think he won't leave office no matter what? I mean, this shit was worrying way way before yesterday's pathetic display. But it certainly seemed to put a definite stamp on all the worries that have been festering over time. Shit, he ain't even dogwhistling anymore, all of his bigotry came with a humungous sign that said "Here, look at me, I'm out in the open". At this point, does it matter if Biden wipes the floor with him during the election, when there's a good chance Trump's gonna exploit a broken system to his advantage again? Frightening thought I tell ya, frightening thought.

I'd forgotten how bad Trump is in these kinds of situations. But I was quickly reminded how, as terrible as he was overall in those debates with Hillary, where, even as I became increasingly unsympathetic towards her, his only real stand out moment (albeit a massive one) was his, "because you'd be in jail" line. There was nothing as perfectly timed or delivered as that last night. But more than that, I thinkTrump's real problem is that while people may question lots of things about Biden, they don't instinctively dislike him the way so many did when it came to Hillary. I actually thought Biden did really well last night: keeping his head and never succumbing to the gaffes many expected (hopefully from Trump's side, fearfully on the side of the Dems). He was the level-headed centrist throughout and definitely forced Trump to go on the defensive.

While I suspect that neither would have converted anyone already set on their support for one or the other I'd definitely give this round to Biden. Trump's strongest moment IMO was where he called out antifa, but that isn't something I'd see Biden as being synonymous with. His blows there would've landed far harder had they been aimed at someone like AOC or Ilhanan Omar but nobody realistically equates Biden (or Kamala Harris for that matter) with any kind of far Left stormtrooper organisation. This even made Trump's attack on Biden's position on law and order (who history tells us is far from 'progressive') fall flat, especially with Biden himself killing it outright with his support of it and denunciation of the whole 'defund the police' thing. In the end, his best line of attack from Trump was that Biden simply hadn't achieved much during all his years in politics. True, maybe .... maybe ... but hardly a mic drop.

I want Trump to win but I think Biden may, in spite of my early thoughts, be his absolutely worst kind of opponent. Not because I think he's an especially strong candidate but, on the contrary, because he's actually such a mediocre one who forces the spotlight onto Trump and his evident weaknesses. Trump would've been far more affective against a more divisive figure like Kamala Harris, but Biden, at worst, just seems like the slightly embarassing grandad who you send to bed before they really start to get out of hand. And we all have a soft for those, even when they're serving as a distraction from something far worse.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|