View Single Post
Old 04.10.2014, 10:52 PM   #49
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott v
I agree with Genteel, Lee's (Dust band) songs are fairly different than anything thats like sonic youth or even his song's in SY definitely also give him credit for that, i like some of the songs on the 1st Dust album and tried several times to listen to the 2nd (latest) and just can't wrap my head around it.

I have the Body/Head/Gate LP and thats pretty heavy and great and I like it better than the Matador LP.

Thurston seems to keep the SY-sound-vibe which to me is somewhat reinforcing to me as him being the principle songwriter in SY (though it was still a fairly democratic band, he was bringing in most of riffs...) though his playing style seems to be changing subtly (riffs and chord progressions have a more complex sound but remain having an open chord tone... does that make sense???) within the last few years even within that he's still using the "Pavement tuning" and its variant (CLM was primarily CGDGBB / and now with the new songs that will become the next album i figured out he's gone back to CGDGCD based on the new youtube vids of the most recent gigs).

Yeah, who is Deb? I'm not even familiar w/ James Sedwards??? ...and so is Steve now in Thurston's band and still in Lee's??? (or on brief hiatus from the Dust, whom i assuming are taking a break). I'm just wondering since the 3 of Lee, Thurston, Steve still play in the same circles (one degree form each other) will the time come when SY reunites without Kim (..dare I say???) oddly, i would think its possible more so now than obviously a year or two ago.
I disagree. Wednesday Dust-gig there were moments, that if I had shutted my eyes, I would have easily imagined there were SY in the stage. Also I hear something from SY in Body/Head & Thurston´s outputs.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|