View Single Post
Old 02.28.2024, 02:31 PM   #54136
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
Matthew Bower got cancelled for being a white supremacist. Did it get reissued by Cold Spring or Hospital by any chance?
He did a post on his blog a few years ago about how he embraced Brexit. To be honest I wasn't offended by it, it just made made me think more about how sometimes some musicians I admire are also hopeless idiots when it comes to politics. A few years ago I read an interview with Jennifer Herrema where she seemed sympathetic with the invasion of Iraq by Bush. Did not stop me loving Royal Trux, but certainly I realised one of their members came across as the American blueprint for your average Trump voter. See also Maureen Tucker of the Velvet Underground. Made music history with the band. Put out some good records. Now the sort of working class idiot who genuinely thinks their (probably short) life is going to get a boost for her family by voting again for the same guy. Nobody taught the woman about class consciousness, obviously.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|