View Single Post
Old 10.01.2018, 11:01 AM   #4660
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
USMCA = the Market setting new highs!
“world does not blow up today. investors sigh with relief.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Schunk
USMCA is the best deal I could have hoped for. In particular, it sets new standards for labor protection (so Mexican goods won't receive an effective subsidy from employers' preventing their workers from unionizing), and retains the old dispute resolution system from Chapter 19 of NAFTA, rather than the Investor-State Dispute System (ISDS) of the trans-Pacific Partnership (which would have greatly strengthened the power of multinational corporations at the expense the national governments of the contracting countries). It's a victory for the American working class, and an implementation of one of Trump's major campaign promises (which was also one of the biggest reasons for Hillary's defeat in 2016).

we’ll see how things pan out in the end, but im glad to see protections for mexican labor unions in this far-from-ratified agreement. that alone is the most important bit that could solve a lot of problems.

eta:
but have you ever known republicans to be friends of labor?

i haven’t...

this looks to me like nothing but campaign demagoguery ahead of th midterms. as the incoming mexican president points out.

but i dont have a crystal ball or tell fortunes, so we’ll see...
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|