View Single Post
Old 01.28.2011, 11:19 PM   #1
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
...or maybe we have? You tell me!

Outside of SY's own archive, the recordings I'm most curious in hearing are listed below...some are oddball cassette comps I found on discogs.com - I'm not really familiar w/ that site beyond borrowing their imagery but I guess it states who actually owns the item (or presumably does if they contributed it?) and a method to contact them...? Has anyone done this or heard these items via other means?

59 to 1 Cassette Nr.1

This has an untitled SY track (all tracks on the compilation are untitled). It could quite literally be anything, and I'd like to know what it is. 59 to 1 is a club in Munich, so it's possible SY played there in October '83 (indeed their first show of the tour was in Munich, and it's the only venue I don't have listed).

Taking this Place Apart

A tape zine with an SY interview released in 1987. Anyone heard this?

59 to 1 - King Lear

These guys again, and this time the SY track is the only song not identified? Was this deliberate, since the rest of the track list is there?

Purr (B-Side mixes)

I think we'd all like to hear this.

NO II

Does anyone know if this is taken from TV Shit or if it's an unreleased performance of the song?

Mike D Interview

A half hour interview circa 'Washing Machine'. Who's got it, let's hear it.

Also, here's some vinyl bootlegs that should be transferred if anyone has em...

Bad Mood

Brother James

Live in Germany

Madonna????!!! HEre?!?!? WherE?!?!?

Onsuku Seinen

Personality Crisis (I never noticed until just now but this 7" claims to contain "Beat on the Brat" from the 10/25/87 show, which has no set list listed in the Concert Chronology...)

Sonic Mania of Brother - discussed recently...

A couple of old vinyl compilations w/ live tracks that I'd be curious to hear...

Communicate Live

Emma Presenteert

Hits $ Corruption - we probably have "World Looks Red" covered between Walls Have Ears and some other comps but how about that interview tape?

Wow, that turned into a long list. Well, if you can help in any way, that would be appreciated! The recent "Life Would Be Grim Without Humour" thread inspired me. I had the "Sonik Death" mystery solved here, so I have confidence this will turn out well...(maybe)
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|