View Single Post
Old 01.01.2007, 10:38 PM   #11
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by homerush
yes thatīs right i donīt mean the song 100 percent from dirty
i mean if the sound of sonic youth is normaly instrumental driven. my english sucks but this is what i mean. a guitarr is instrumental a bass is instrumental synthisyzer is not instrumental.and if they use synthi or any computergenerated sound or soundeffects that is not the same fun on a live show than the sound cames direct from the guitarr because of strange chords or whatever.i mean direct play that is live. play the guitarr and listen how it sounds.and i also donīt like unreal stuff on albums.but this very tiny synthi moments on rather ripped or daydream nation when the songs starting are very good.you know excatly ok here begins the song it go for a while and when the song has really started you donīt hear any stuff like that.and this noise wave when the gittar makes this sonic youth sounds, this is so perfect and i think also real.what is wrong with me? i am a very big r.e.m fan like the old stuff (crush with a eyeliner from monster with thurston) and earlyer. but now they use synthi drums and so on. and on the new album arround the sun itīs very difficoult to say okay this sound is real and this is synthi.

What they do is certainly completely live. They have, however, done various live experiments involving samplers, laptops, tape-loops, etc. I don't think they do much with pre-programmed samples, because they have enough direct sounds to sample on stage. They used to do a song in the early Confusion is Sex days called "Audience" where they took the sounds of the crowd at the end of their set and looped it and made it really loud. I'm also relatively sure that Jim 'O Rourke did some live laptop manipulations sometimes during his stint with the group.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|