View Single Post
Old 01.30.2024, 06:47 AM   #34
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
What does grey ace stand for? Sorry for lack of knowledge.

Grey asexual. Meaning, only marginally/rarely interested in sexual relationships. In my case, I'm romantically inclined.

Hey, only two years ago I had no idea what that meant either. It's only entering the public conscious on baby steps. It's been a long journey of self-discovery and for a long time I didn't realize asexuality is a spectrum. So I wouldn't have identified as one. But through more exposure to the topic and learning more and more about the different types, I realized: Hey, a lot of that checks out with how I feel about things. And I also realized: Hey, there are more of us out there. I'm currently romantically involved/in a relationship with a woman who identifies as demisexual, which is also on the ace spectrum.

It all came together after last year's Vienna Pride Parade, I guess. I saw quite a few ace flags flying and during the event where the starting numbers were assigned (picked from a hat as to make the results randomized), I realized there was an entire group representing aces there that year. The year before, I had already thought about openining up about that, but I was uncertain and didn't want to misrepresent anything. But last year I found the courage and realized that definitions can be fuzzy sometimes, because each person is an individual and relates to things in a very distinct way. And for the most part, descriptors are merely guidelines that help you understand yourself better. That realization made me accept what I've known intuitively for a long time.

And while there are a lot of things in this world that are still baffling to me, I at least know a bit more about myself now. And that feels genuinely good.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|