Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 03.23.2020, 06:32 AM   #272
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
Which brings me to: what does containing the disease mean, anyway? Obviously I know the literal meaning, but let's go practical: we take the sanitary precautions, we don't go out, so deaths go down, cases go down. And then what? Isn't the virus gonna be there waiting for us like the zombie which for some reason is more clever than the other zombies?

Thing is, people do recover from the virus. Putting it in a simplistic way.

Asymptomatic covid-positive people seem to become "negative" in around 14 days (still early to be sure about that, in china a patient tested positive after a bit more than a month), and even people with mild symptoms seem to become "less contagious" after 10-14 days (possibily need more to get rid of it). So the quarantine helps to prevent spreading the virus, and also to "fight" it home alone without even knowing it (you might have it, be asymptomatic, "let it die" during the extent of the quarantine).

The virus needs a host to be alive, so when things get kinda "back to normal" (I think we'll have to be pretty damn patient for that, all over the world..), at least in terms of people's circulation, its presence should be way less threatening : either people "won" over it, and supposedly their immune system can fight it, or at the very least they'd be way less contagious (weaker virus + no symptoms = less sneezing and coughing etc.).

In the meantime, there's studies on drugs (apparently working at least on some of the more dangerous complications), on the future vaccine etc..

Again, this is info I gathered around, things are still a bit up in the air in terms of scientific certainty..

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
Or will hazmat-suited cats be spreading Lysol over every goddamn squared centimeter of the planet?

yup, that too (picture from Turin).

with robots too, in china!

not every squared cm, but every bit helps (here they're doing it mainly on the usually more busy streets / squares).
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|