View Single Post
Old 11.27.2010, 03:46 AM   #70
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
When I first bought this record I didn't like it at all, and didn't listen to it for years, so my vinyl copy of it was in pretty good conditions until about 3 years ago, when it suddenly hit me how great this record is.
The day I bought it I remember very well because I was expecting a whole batch of the earliest SY records arriving at my friend's record shop, so I skipped college and made my way there in the
morning, where we'd often spend time talking crap and listening to new arrivals. After I left his shop, on my home, I decided to make my way to another friend's house with the records in tow, and sat down in the basement of her house, where she'd make clothes and hats to sell at various local events. Since I couldn't wait to put a SY record on, plus she was into them herself, I put Confusion is Sex on and sat down drinking beer. In retrospect I can understand why it didn't grab me at first, at the time I was really into bands like Neubauten, so this badly recorded mess playing on a not so decent turntable failed to make an impression on me that it took me 15 years to get rid of. And I'm glad I did.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|