View Single Post
Old 04.06.2019, 03:38 PM   #6425
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuj
I wish. I hope I'm wrong. He is the mayor of a city in a red state, right?
oh i missed this earlier.

yes he's in a red state but in a university town (notre dame) and on the northern edge of the state. he's closer to chicago and detroit than to the southern border with kentucky. real split there between south and midwest.

but anyway not saying it won't be an issue, just not enough i think to make him unelectable.

i mean we already had racists and bigots who liked to use obama's middle name as a wink to imply "kenyan muslim". but he won election and reelection anyway, being black and having the middle name hussein. so being gay and buttigieg is not a real obstacle i think.

gay people in this country are almost completely mainstream these days. not just in the media but also in politics. krysten sinema, who is divorced and identifies as bisexual, won a senate seat in deep-red arizona just recently. and that's a statewide election, not a demographic pocket. so, yeah. i don't think it's a huge issue.

and sure there will always be lunatics and imbeciles, but that can't be helped.

so, while gay is now normal, contemporary gender panics are centered around transgender people instead. just check out tesla's posts for reference.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|