View Single Post
Old 04.20.2012, 06:54 PM   #8
Pink Noise
empty page

Pink Noise kicks all y'all's assesPink Noise kicks all y'all's assesPink Noise kicks all y'all's assesPink Noise kicks all y'all's assesPink Noise kicks all y'all's assesPink Noise kicks all y'all's assesPink Noise kicks all y'all's assesPink Noise kicks all y'all's assesPink Noise kicks all y'all's assesPink Noise kicks all y'all's assesPink Noise kicks all y'all's asses
Tab them. Write down the chord figures / riffs. I think its useless to give these 'alternate chords' names..but there's always a key... because theyre modified chords but they still are made of tones. Ie: 'the sprawl' has got 'C' as its 'root' (bass/main) note but if you play C in standard tuning it pretty much loses the effect and texture that the modified notes add.

Anyway I think modified chords/alt tunings add a lot to songs.. First they sound fresh and new to the 'used' ear. And second they -sound- different...a chord shape of three F# tuned the same (not octaves) its a sound you can't get no matter how many fxs you put over a single F# note......

It also helps a lot in songwriting..when i play chords in standard theres a point when i feel all the chord changes sound predictable...in alternate tunings..you may play the same root notes of any classic song but the modified notes make it sound new and exciting..like the songs you write when you first start playing guitar.