View Single Post
Old 11.08.2006, 08:18 PM   #1
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Washing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's asses
Okay I think we can all guess the winner but hey we're had a 00's and 90's one (sorry im a terrible completist and couldn't sleep at night if i didn't finish all the decades off, yet another slave to OCD.. but hey you're all on an internet forum your no better than me!), plus the 80's is my favourite Sonic Youth decade. Although I don't much care for 'The Sonic Youth EP' and 'Confusion is Sex'. Everything from 'Bad Moon Rising' to 'Daydream Nation' touches me in a way very few pieces of music can. Their music in this period is so full of nostalgia, rage and ironically...utter joy! Although I have to go with the majority and claim 'Daydream Nation' as my favourite, its only by a very small margin, 'Bad Moon Rising', 'Evol' and 'Sister' are among the finest records ever put out in the history of rock music and its a shame they have to exist in the shadow of such a mammoth album. Man if only i could have been 16/17/18 when these records came out and heard them in their original context.....

00's winner - Sonic Nurse
90's winner - Washing Machine