View Single Post
Old 06.24.2008, 01:31 AM   #22
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
i think 80% of sonic youth fans would agree it sucks. because.. uh.. it does.

That's been proven wrong again and again in all of these constant threads where it comes up.

About 25% are very, very, vocally against it and hating it, who also happen to be people who post on the board frequently (but who often define themselves as NOT core Sonic Youth fans).

20% say they like it a lot, and they are usually young people who don't post very often and don't post on the rest of the board.

Then most of the rest, represented by both categories of frequent and infrequent posters say they either like some of it (which is oddly very different songs from person to person) or like it all but not as much as most Sonic Youth albums.

Pesonally, I love "Or", like "Pink Steam" as much as many Sonic Youth songs, am o.k. with most of the rest but a bit let down, and overall think it's a substandard SY album and a slightly better than average rock album in the grand scheme of things. Nurse was ten times better, but I don't think it represents them going down hill as I love Washing Machine much more than EJST&NS and thus believe they can bounce back from a so so album with a great one.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|