View Single Post
Old 08.14.2022, 07:13 AM   #3537
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses

Hyper-capitalism commodifying a fragile sense of counter-culture. Corners being cut everywhere and no thought for anything else than a flimsy grand concept. Add to that the ramifications of a society still steeped in a deeply chauvinistic Zeitgeist and you got yourself a recipe for disaster. I'd heard and seen articles about the event. But this doc actually delved into it a bit deeper and showed footage as well as firsthand accounts that really provided a sense of the magnitude of awfulness going on there. Granted, probably not the best thing to watch if you want to combat your growing misanthropic notions. But a fascinating glimpse into the abyss of the human condition if cultivated by all the wrong spirits.

I also started watching Star Trek Voyager now. And woof, did the writing take a dip after finishing DS9. I mean, it's not completely without its merits. Janeway is interesting and well-realized early on and one or two other characters have some potential, but it all feels so ... inconsequential.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|