Thread: pink steam
View Single Post
Old 06.04.2015, 03:23 PM   #10
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by themawt71
in kim's book she mentions that during the rehearsals for the last set of shows thurston was listing songs that he didnt want to do and she realized they were about the other woman.

just read lyrics for pink stream and it definitely seems it could about eva.
wasnt flowers and cream the name of the poetry thing thurston and eva worked at?

I didn't realize that. He's always fuckin' singing about flowers n cream, though.

Kim's comment is what piqued my interest, since I thought "she" would only affect songs on The Eternal, but I can think of two in particular (one on The Eternal, one on Rather Ripped) that sound like songs rejecting another person's advances.

Demolished Thoughts is a whole other story, of course...
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|