View Single Post
Old 04.25.2012, 08:41 AM   #26
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
As was already mentioned this is close to common chord chart notation and is great for noting specific chords in a particular tuning, a great way to reference when writing songs and finding pleasing/workable chords and riffs.

anyone know of any software that does this sorta thing?

I use guitar tablature notation and when playing my guitar and nearby my laptop, I map stuff out in Excel spreadsheets (I've sorta made a base template). Its kinda time consuming because of the many hyphens used to notate all the strings, but works for me... otherwise its handwritten scrawl.

I must be getting old now because I have to both note stuff I come up with (this even sometimes means recording it too) otherwise if i don't pickup the guitar in a few days its vanished...

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|