View Single Post
Old 05.06.2020, 11:23 PM   #8082
Skuj
invito al cielo

Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
Was there anything Obama could do about it? "Sue him"? Or was it up to Congress to impeach its most powerful member (fuck Paul Ryan), something completely unthinkable with both houses controlled by the GOP then?

I know McConnell failed to comply with his oath, but still, the Senate majority leader holds an incredible amount of power. I assume that's in the Constitution (correct me if I'm wrong), in which case that alone makes the revered document a joke - and I didn't even have to bring up the Second Amendment.

Obama's choices were indeed ugly, and Garland probably wouldn't play along, but what McConnell did was downright fucking illegal. I think Obama had the law on his side if he simply installed Garland, seeing as McConnell outright refused a hearing. He should have done that, consequences be damned.

We are all paying for McConnell's "victory" today. That McConnell keeps bragging about this as his greatest achievement speaks volumes about the man. It is my opinion that he is one of the worst human beings ever. He is immensely smarter than Trump, yet he honours Trump. Truly pathetic. America has lost.