View Single Post
Old 04.03.2009, 04:37 PM   #24
summer
stalker

summer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard sucka
I don't understand how close-minded some of SY's fans are..
"There needs to be more noise breakdowns" "These new songs are too short"
Like this isn't exclusive to just Sonic Youth obviously.. At least Sonic Youth's fanbase isn't as obnoxious as Tool's can be, but just, wow? It's still good music, so what if it's shorter? 100% is a great song and it was shorter. Winner's Blue, Eliminator Jr, Tom Violence, Mary-Christ, they're all relatively shorter songs, but they're all also great songs, that still have the Sonic Youth sound to it (well mostly, Winner's Blues doesn't sound too much like SY but that's fine)
I'd say shorter songs are actually better.. going off on a tangent, that's why I love My Bloody Valentine and would call them my favorite band.. they write pop music. Pop music is the best kind of music, but straight pop music, that's boring. To make it good you have to add your own twist. That's why bands like My Bloody Valentine and Sonic Youth are so good.. they write pop music pure and simple, but know how to make it their own.
Apologies for the angry man ramble. >.>

summer is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|