View Single Post
Old 05.08.2022, 12:59 PM   #35
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
I don't know about the other mods but I know zero about the hosting/maintenance of this forum. I don't communicate with anybody about it, we were literally just given moderator status to deal with the crazy amounts of spam that started to appear about a decade ago.
damn, that sounds like a very unpleasant task to be performing manually in this day and age. i hope you're at least getting compensated in 200 gram vinyl or something.

the updated software has tools to assist your labor in those salt mines. various security and other admin functions are outlined in the vendor's pages, and i'm sure customer service would be able to help non-technical admins. but the powers that be would have to fork out $15 a month or whatever to runs things off their cloud (easier that running one's own server these days).

anyway, to you and moshe and stu and everyone else performing these chores under the current conditions: you have my thanks, and also my sympathies. but damn...

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|