View Single Post
Old 12.09.2022, 07:32 PM   #574
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
tempest in a teapot. schumer had it right, he said she's always been independent.

this is no surprise, it's just a change of label. she votes with democrats most times, but sometimes she doesn't, and now she's apparently just trying to avoid getting primaried or something.

bernie is also not a democrat, but can nevertheless reliably caucus with them.

arizonans are never gonna be berniebros. same as west virginians btw--it's actually a miracle that manchin is still there. the other w. va. senator is a republican and trump won there with almost 70% of the vote in 2020. arizona is barely purple sometimes and only recently.

besides, it's very possible that synema and manchin were right in not wanting to pump 4 **trillion** dollars into the economy, considering the current rate of inflation.

modern monetary theory which ignorant people think means "free money" actually requires taxes in order to control the money supply. but raising taxes in the american congress is super hard and slow, so all we have left is... "classic" (i guess?) monetary regulation by the fed's technocrats, who are free to operate as they see fit. of course their method is based on human sacrifice (increasing unemployment). ugly for sure, but you can't just have an unlimited money supply because that would destroy the economy for all. the liz truss fiasco is fresh in everyone's memory i presume?

so, regarding reality: it is what it is. just the labels changed.

--

ps i'm overdue for reading a financial times piece about the insane amount of debt great britain is going to have to issue in coming years. they're wondering who's going to want to buy those bonds. great britain: the next argentina!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|