View Single Post
Old 07.28.2009, 12:06 AM   #23
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
I don't know...if you ask me, I think Washing Machine is overrated. I've probably said this before, but I have to be in a particular mood to want to listen to that album. I think it's because it starts off so loud and rockin' but then hits a lllloooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg low-key phase from the tail-end of the title track, through Unwind, and then gets too mellow for its own good with Little Trouble Girl, before picking up again with No Queen Blues, which is kinda catchy (the chorus is, anyway) but for whatever reason I can't really say it "rocks". Then Panty Lies hits; a relatively upbeat song, but it's also very quiet for a "faster" song. The last three songs are all high points, but by then the damage is done.

Most of the time I'd rather listen to Experimental Jet Set, Trash and No Star, which if you think about it, is kinda like a harder, more accessible Washing Machine...