View Single Post
Old 12.20.2016, 04:10 PM   #21
zelocia
bad moon rising

zelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterpuff
Very fair.

edit: And totally odd and contradictory that this argument does not hold for Pantie Lies like it does for Junkie's Promise for me. I guess I just saw this falling more in line with what I knew of "Kim songs" at the time, opposed to JP and past "Thurston songs."

Despite that I do like Junkie's Promise I can also understand that. Thurston has written much, much better lyrics before and after Junkie's Promise. I think what I appreciate the most about that song is his vocal because it is very different from his usual vocal-style. I like that he sings certain parts of it more aggressively, and in this song I can actually overlook the lyrical content on its own for that reason.

Whereas Panty Lies is just a typical Kim song. Nothing stands out about it (except maybe the music), and therefore it is harder for me to look past the lyrics and her delivery of them.
zelocia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|