View Single Post
Old 01.01.2017, 03:14 PM   #29
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Bottom line about Washbg Machine though: it's great (great) but I disagree with the common belief that it represents a return to form for the band. I actually prefer Goo and A Thousand Leaves over it in terms of the band's '90s output. I don't think they needed any "saving" or "rebranding" after EJST&NS. I fucking LOVE that album. Who among us hasn't had "Bull in the Heather" and "Sweet Shine" stuck in our heads for the past 20 years?
I agree you today, but when EJST&NS came, it was really big disappointment to me. I even thought I may not buy any SY album anymore. And I felt when I listened Washing Machine first time I got one of my favourite bands back. Even I now love also EJST&NS, itīs not in my top four SY albums. Also I have always loved GOO, but prefer Washing much more. Itīs just so introverted album and I just love introverted music!

I am not claiming EJST&NS is some kind of hit album, one reason why I began to respect it later is that I understood how they wanted to do very non-hit album after Dirty. Kind of destroying their possible success in rokbuziness.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|