View Single Post
Old 04.22.2012, 11:34 AM   #20
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
rambling here, but figuring myself that it must be shorthand in the charts too because of no notation about where the open and/or muted strings are...in other words, that Lee must be quickly be reminded when playing through the tune how he played that particular part, so all he needs is to remember the fingering whenever there are parts where he could possibly confuse it with inverses or similar fingering for other tunes...suppose the tuning is noted somewhere but not shown on the scan

those sure are rather neat, geometrically perfect charts...I have made up a bunch on a piece of blank paper before and then photocopied it to have as many as needed, but, probably like most players, I most often just use the lines on ruled paper for either the frets or, if turned sideways, to represent the strings

commenting on hirsute_biped's post in which I feel a valid point for tabbing is made,
one of mine in DADDAD from forever ago was written in tab with measures for the time (while most I have tabbed are more of the shorthand variety or not even recorded) and good thing too because I can always remember it even if years go by in between because I took that time to really write it all out and very rarely play in that tuning anymore...to their other point, any newcomers reading would likely not know about the mustang site
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|