View Single Post
Old 10.21.2023, 10:31 AM   #25584
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i'm watching the entire hal hartley retrospective on criterion. so good. even the not so good ones are good and better than most. "you people" (lol) might know him for this scene:

https://youtu.be/Vgb8CyrgppI

that's a very funny movie, the musical number is meant to be comedic.

anyway, the girl from monday is probably his weakest feature, but i still liked the attempt.

hartley is having a kickstarter currently for his next movie. if you kick in $10k you can be exec producer.

also rewatching old almodóvar films on mubi. i might just rewatch the entire lot, because there are some i've missed.

and i finally found kika in it! which was banned in america or something. the rape scene is not as funny as i remembered it, because rape is never funny (in theory), and after all we know now it comes across as super cringe, but it still ends up a being little funny, because it ends in totally absurd slapstick.

i mean, who else would dare try to make rape funny? only john waters, i think.

so the real rapists of the movie are not the sex rapists (well, they are too), but the relentless fucking tv tabloids willing to rape anything and anyone for ratings.

but anyway, i like kika as a character. she keeps going despite all disappointments, setbacks and betrayals. she's naive but good. and people are such fucking assholes, lol.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|