View Single Post
Old 02.17.2014, 03:18 PM   #1
rocky
bad moon rising

rocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's assesrocky kicks all y'all's asses
Recently i 've become aware of what has been known: there is an amazing potential that exists when playing a steady recording (tape, anything else) and an LP at the same time!

This web space can allow this type of experiment, but, i think this would be clearly be the most amazing in a room together!
Schizophrenia LP and steady recording example : )

this demo is not perfect as far as sound quality, but, you can pause one side to allow it to catch up to or to drift from the other. with actual equipment i think this can be done too, although it could be harder. In two different places in a room, longer delays would sound better. : ) This is really for all music, but, it so deeply suits sonic youth/all related art projects!!

Anyone who has Sonic Youth LP recordings digitally transferred from a turntable or LP that is at least slightly wobbly can also match up the two recordings very accurately in some type of software.

In my mind it feels like in the studio, who knows how many decades ago, sometimes artists/producing artists might have played a completed LP along with tapes, and found that it created a holographic/multidimensional feeling.

i'm not an expert on this so i am excited to hear what everyone else thinks and feels! : ) Each time i have tried with any song or album, it is very much an experience of total rediscovery!