View Single Post
Old 05.21.2009, 05:14 AM   #42
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by blunderbuss
If The Beatles don't get sampled very often, it's Michael Jackson that's to blame. He's the one who keeps refusing people the rights.

I suspect he's jealous that his impact on modern culture is less than a zillionth of theirs.

Yeah, it is notoriusly hard to get clearance for Beatles samples, but I'd wager that there are a lot of records that sample something like a drum sound or some other non-easily identifiable fragment, plus i imagine there would have been quite a few under the radar 12"s released the 80s before sample laws got really tight, or DJs using Beatles stuff in live mixes that they couldn't put in a track without getting done.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|