View Single Post
Old 06.24.2012, 01:32 PM   #5
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Actually, this album is just now starting to grow on me. I've had it since before its release, but I have never really appreciated it as a singular work until recently. It was actually the say the final show was released on the internet. I was waking taking the bus home, thinking about the break up, and this was the only SY album that was on my iPod at the time. So I listened to it, from start to finish, and it all started to make sense on a strange way.

I definitely think it is a worthy album, and I believe it has a place in SY history. Is it all that it could have been? Probably not. But how many final albums are perfect? Most bands don't end on top, with an Abbey Road/Let it Be kind of final statement that perfectly sums up their career. So I'm not going to say it couldn't have been better, or that I wouldn't love to see my favorite group end with another, more definitive, final album. But it certainly could have been a good deal worse. Plus, the title is pretty perfect, and "Massage the History" is about as great a final song as one could hope for.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|