View Single Post
Old 01.23.2008, 07:08 AM   #33
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I listen to music all day, every day. I find the time. When I'm at the computer, when I'm driving (and I drive a LOT; I live in the country, but my job is 20 minutes into town, and I pick up some people on the way and take them to work for carpool; by the time I get home, I've already listened to probably 2 hours of music), on my lunch break, when I sleep, when I play video games, if I'm watching silent films or art films I'll put music in over top, when hanging out with my girlfriend, when I'm jacking off, etc. Pretty much every waking moment and some sleeping moments (though, obviously, I mainly fall asleep to stuff like Stars of the Lid). I must have a good musical memory, because I can listen to something only once or twice and tell you tons of things about it, though obviously CD's that really strike me as a curiosity I listen to more than that. I listen to every CD I have AT LEAST twice, though.

The only time I'm not listening to is when I'm creating it.

And I'm not sure if I really named too many "obscure" artists, probably 75% of them are fairly well-known, just maybe not on this board. Keep in mind that I've been listening to some of these artists since I was in 8th grade (9 years ago). Personally, I don't feel I've even heard that much yet, I'm just scratching the surface, and I always want more. I've been burnt out a few times, I'm taking a little break from music for a few days, but yeah.

Also, when downloading music, I'll just type in a band's name (usually something obscure, sure), and I'll browse the user lists of people sharing that band and I'll download stuff I've never heard of, just queue up a few albums you know. So, my music listening has bit a bit random for many years, but I think I'm decently knowledgable to songs on records and it's easy for me to form opinions of them. Something I realized a long time ago is that 99% of records released aren't great. But it's no greater feeling than finding the great ones.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|