View Single Post
Old 09.21.2020, 08:59 AM   #39
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
We need to clarify.

Is a great rapper someone who is a GREAT MC? If so, that leaves out a TON of hip hop people.

Is a great rapper someone who writes rhymes and makes them clever and double-triple meanings? That knocks out a whole shit ton of fucks too.

I would posit that a truly GREAT rapper must be everything, an MC, keeping the crowd hype, a lyricist, using language to make actual street poetry, not just prison yard "freestyle", a musician making sure his rhymes and flow stay fresh and make the ear dance.

You guys are listing a lot of guys who write well, but rap boring, or who are emotive rappers, but dont write SHIT.

Greatest all-around Rapper? KRS-One