View Single Post
Old 01.16.2011, 03:58 PM   #5
easyrazors
little trouble girl

easyrazors kicks all y'all's asseseasyrazors kicks all y'all's asseseasyrazors kicks all y'all's asseseasyrazors kicks all y'all's asseseasyrazors kicks all y'all's asseseasyrazors kicks all y'all's asseseasyrazors kicks all y'all's asseseasyrazors kicks all y'all's asseseasyrazors kicks all y'all's asseseasyrazors kicks all y'all's asseseasyrazors kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
not an album. i quite like it, but i almost never listen to it. the reissue that came out almost 5 years ago now was really well done and worth the wait. it's funny to hear such clear production, i wonder how 'confusion' would've sounded recorded like this. and vice versa.

This might not be the correct thread for my comment, but I think production is given too much creedence regarding so many recordings. In my opinion, the band know how they want to sound, what atmosphere they want to create and which feelings they want to evoke. In short, they know their material. Confusion is perfect, as it is. I can think of far more records where a "producer" has ruined the sound of the band versus a producer making shit shine (although not really a fan of either, the only two examples that spring to mind are George Martin with the Beatles (although it would be unfair to describe them as shit) and Trevor Horn with Frankie Goes to Hollywood, haha). Strangely, I was just listening to the Velvets, and wondering about Warhol's contribution, hehe. I don't know much of the history there.
I don't care much for polish nor homogeneous rawk.
easyrazors is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|