View Single Post
Old 04.15.2024, 09:59 AM   #25
hippietears
little trouble girl

hippietears kicks all y'all's asseshippietears kicks all y'all's asseshippietears kicks all y'all's asseshippietears kicks all y'all's asseshippietears kicks all y'all's asseshippietears kicks all y'all's asseshippietears kicks all y'all's asseshippietears kicks all y'all's asseshippietears kicks all y'all's asseshippietears kicks all y'all's asseshippietears kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
#2 (different)

the reason i disagree with the premise is because there is plenty of "nice" and "calm" in other sonic youth and syg records

but if i have to put my finger on it, this is different because rather ripped sounds to me like a record that is "about" thurston singing, you know what i mean "about" singing? like the music is not a thing in itself but a platform for him singing. and that's the departure

I completely understand what yr saying and where yr coming from, and I agree there are other "nice" SY tracks on other records! But yeah, now that you pointed it out I do notices it's very much about Thurston singing. I don't really like Thurston's vocals on RR, I do really like Kim's tho.

hippietears is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|