View Single Post
Old 03.24.2019, 08:32 PM   #6289
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
it's not a deflection. i've lived with nationalized industries, expropriated lands, dysfunctional worker cooperatives, corrupt government enterprises. i've been stiffed by a government entity. collectivism and statism are not optimal.

since birth to this day my wife receives taxpayer funded government health care which is adequate for some things and insufficient for others. so she uses a mix of government and private insurance.

i have received taxpayer funded health care and it was sufficient and cheap, and i think that option should always be available, but i wouldn't want it to be the ONLY option. as a consumer, i like to have choices!

i am convinced everyone has a right to health care in this day and age. no argument there from me. my argument is about how to get there.

i get that "a great many people around the world don't believe", and they have a right to their beliefs, but that is not an argument, it's just an appeal to popularity.

i don't listen to fox news or "talkback radio". again you're not responding to my arguments, just slapping a random label to something you can't respond to rationally.

i already explained that i think class politics is outmoded and inaccurate and i said why.

as for the person in a difficult situation that you describe-- i've been and am and can still be that person. and marxist theory didn't do shit for me. whereas understanding actual reality has done me better. but yes, this precariousness is precisely why things need fixing. i didn't say that everything was right. i said things need repair, not revolution.

by the way, before you continue with your mischaracterizations (why do you feel the need?), i should let you know that i think warren's child care proposal, which i just heard about recently because nobody is discussing (they are talking about bullshit instead), would be an excellent repair that people could use right now in very practical ways.

i don't agree with every one of her proposals and i don't think she's a good candidate, but i think she can be great at domestic policy when she doesn't pander. unfortunately it turns out she panders A LOT.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|