View Single Post
Old 12.22.2007, 01:16 PM   #1
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
from skin graft's website:

...after 16 years of uncompromising excellence, our old pal Weasel Walter has decided to lower the curtain on The FLYING LUTTENBACHERS. As you may know, Weasel had been releasing the latest Luttenbachers work on his UG EXPLODE imprint of late, and he offered this statement as to why he’s decided to draw the Luttenbachers to a close at this time:

"over the last two or three years it was starting to seem like i was keeping this mess going just to "prove something" - to myself, to my friends, to my enemies, etc. i guess what i was trying to prove is that nothing could stop the band. that's not a very good reason to have a band, honestly. the serious lack of support and recognition for the flying luttenbachers had drained me almost completely by late 2006. i was a nervous wreck and momentum was at an absolute zero. around november of this year, i realized there really was nothing to "prove" by keeping it going, i felt free and decided to end it on an artistic high note, the new album "incarceration by abstraction". this is the best decision for me. i don't regret anything the band has done, but it's simply time to move on. i'm not done making music yet - not by a long shot. how and why i make music has to be looked at in a different light. there's got to be a way to do this without killing myself for it. i continue to play in xbxrx, recently joined burmese and will focus on my improvised music options next year, including writing more material for large ensembles. if people think they're going to "miss" the flying luttenbachers, my suggestion is that they listen a little closer to the music the band has already made. i assure you that there's plenty left to chew on inside of those recordings. perhaps if i feel like a wider audience is ready for it, we'll reappear, but until then we've done all we can do. any more would be quixotic and futile."

Earlier this year, SKiN GRAFT released THE FLYING LUTTENBACHERS “Destroy All Music Revisited” CD, which documents the formative punk-jazz era of the band. Just today, this review landed in the Skin Graft in-box from ALLABOUTJAZZ.COM, so we suggest you give that a look. And wily old Weasel is not through here at Camp Skin Graft, even as the Jazzy One types, Weasel is hard at work mixing AIDS WOLF’s next magnum opus, scheduled for release next year!

----

this sucks big time.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|