View Single Post
Old 06.28.2006, 07:49 AM   #15
shentov
expwy. to yr skull

shentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's assesshentov kicks all y'all's asses
i am way too shy to post another rr thread since we have tons of them here. i reall y find the album exciting. really nice vision of pop music, if pop could be put around the name of SY. it was funny for me to see how the youth made an album where not even one songs goes crazy at one moment ( i call these noise moments 'when they forget to play the riff'). they somehow caught the noise elements in a poppy song structure which is new to them. thats why i say good work becuz it seems to be a new challenge for SY. they did something like that in diRty, but still far more unpolished. to say rather ripped is polsihed tight piece of work seems to me allright. it's brilliant at some moments (jams run free, lights out) when simple riffs and unisons makes the song sound catchy both unexpected.
some may call it shit becuz there is not classic SY weird ass noise for 13 minute in the middle of the songs, but i think they wanted to do it like that to see if they actually could do it. + it would be stupid if they try to sell us all the same tricks they know we like. would be like they have lied or sth-definately not something i could say about rather ripped.
the only weakness of this album is they don't tour nowhere near where i could afford going to.
being american is a privilege (sp?), damn it.