View Single Post
Old 03.23.2024, 05:03 AM   #44
Beer In Belly
little trouble girl

Beer In Belly cold hard suckaBeer In Belly cold hard suckaBeer In Belly cold hard suckaBeer In Belly cold hard suckaBeer In Belly cold hard suckaBeer In Belly cold hard suckaBeer In Belly cold hard suckaBeer In Belly cold hard suckaBeer In Belly cold hard suckaBeer In Belly cold hard suckaBeer In Belly cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
I like the idea of someone like Kim Gordon using auto-tune on songs, even AI technology. They're just some of the many things at your disposal to make great music and she's an incredibly talented musician who could turn these tools into something else. Maybe the use she makes of auto-tune on 'Psychedelic Orgasm' isn't that interesting, the song itself reminds me of Death in Vegas, of all musicians. But gate-keeping when it comes to making music, art etc is not going to help anyone.

Auto-tune and great music/art are two things mutually exclusive to one another because I have not heard a decent single song in 25 years featuring it's helium pitched whiny-warble. It's used by the likes of Kanye West and other artists Kim's producer makes beats for like Lil Yachty. You are not wrong, In Kim's hands the instrument could have been something better, similar to guitar for example: guitars sound shit in most hands but alt-tune them and put them in the right hands and they become something else. Auto-tune unfortunately is just that, always in tune and sounds the same no matter who is using it. That could be Kanye singing the chorus' on Kim's record for all I know. So yes, using auto-tune as a way to gate-keep my own listening habit works.

To the NIN denialists: for clarity here is a convenient link and if you can't hear the similarity within 5 seconds then I do not know what to tell you. Git gud or something lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ32GjG7j
Maybe I'm being a little too harsh on NIN, I should give them credit where it's due: as far as I'm aware they have never used Auto-tune
Beer In Belly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|