View Single Post
Old 01.23.2008, 08:29 PM   #15
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxequalsrad
Panty Lies is great... alot of people don't like it..

I love the drum beat break down and harmonix, really creepy vibe. The drumming on this entire song is amazing actually...

As for Little Trouble Girl, such a good song - the one piano note hit over the whole song, soft guitar... one of the great rare SY ballads.

Hear/Hear---(here?)

These were the two songs that turned me off for a while, but I really dig "Panty Lies" now for pretty much the reasons you stated, Lee's great guitar sounds and the overall creepiness.

"Trouble Girl", well -- it's unlike anything SY ever did before or after, and I sincerely question its choice as a follow-up single to "Diamond Sea", but it's a very spooky centerpiece to that album.

As for the production, it is near perfect. Just great sounds all around. Wish they hadn't mixed the fucking drums into one speaker for the first part of the title track, and I'm always confused when I hear Kim's guitar panned hard left w/ Lee down the middle, but I really do love the sound of this record. Unlike "Thousand Leaves" where the vocals are twice as loud as the music.
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|