View Single Post
Old 05.10.2009, 08:13 PM   #36
Peterpuff
stalker

Peterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's asses
I am surprised so much talk about Kim vocally during the EJSTNS - 1,000 leaves period, and no mention of her switching to guitar around this time yet.

I really think that had a huge overlooked impact to her the overall contribution to the SY sound structure. She often has a tendency to sing "along" with what she is playing. While it usually worked for her on bass, I don't think it worked so well during these times when she was playing her simple guitar "riffs" and simply learning the vocals on top. (first half of Female Mechanic for example). While I love her guitar playing on most of the albums the songs were written often before vocals put to them, and hearing her "sing" on top of her newly treble-filled sound and simplified "I'm relearning my role on a different instrument" style...just never did it for me...

I really do think her picking up the guitar and the general process of their "songwriting" added for some off-moments around the period...but for me personally, it all did seem to click and kinda come full circle again around Sonic Nurse.

Just my 2 cents...
Peterpuff is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|