View Single Post
Old 05.05.2006, 09:45 AM   #12
top 40 squeeze
bad moon rising

top 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by logcabinrecluse
i'm sure they will play nyc again this summer. the charm of this show was the fact that it was cbgbs.

Yeah, y'know its cool that some new yorkers are gonna get to see sonic youth in a really fucking small venue. It would have been nice for me to see them play CBGBs if only to get the taste out of my mouth of having only seen 3 of my friend's bands play there, and never a real band. But, I'll deal with it. Plus, I've seen Sonic Youth like 5 times already and I save 30 bucks this way. Sucks for those who haven't seen them, but I'm sure you will sometime soon.

I don't think they've only played New York once when they've released any record so I'm sure they'll play again this summer, if not, sometime in the fall. When Nurse came out I saw them both at Webster Hall and the North Six. (anyone have bootlegs of either of these, by the way.) The Webster Hall show was great but the sound at the Northsix show wasn't nearly as loud as it should have been.

When Murray Street came out I saw them at Bowery Ballroom and Irving Plaza. They tend to play at least two shows in New York, although they usually play the bigger venue on tour first and then swing back around for the smaller venue in the fall. I guess they might be doin' the opposite this time.

Wonder if they're gonna do some shows w/ the flaming lips or if that was just a random idea Thurston had that never saw fruition.
top 40 squeeze is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|